What is Hand Therapy?
Hand therapy includes Assessment and Rehabilitation provided by a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist of finger, hand, wrist and elbow conditions.
Hand therapy can assist with:
- Wrist pain/ Overuse injuries
- Hand, finger and wrist fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain's syndrome
- Tendon pathologies of the wrist and hand
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer's elbow
- Trigger finger
- Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Wound and scar management
- Tendon repairs or finger amputations
- Sports related finger injuries
- Overuse elbow, wrist and hand injuries
- Thumb OA
Hand Therapy techniques include:
- Fabricating customised thermoplastic splints to protect your injury, reduce your pain to allow you continue to use your hand, wrist or elbow. They can also be used to stretch stiff joints and increase movement.
-Prescription of strengthening and stretching exercises
- Manual therapy such as massage & mobilisations
Our Hand Physiotherapist Mielikki will thoroughly assess your injury/condition, determine the cause of your symptoms, liase with your doctor or surgeon and provide a treatment plan to get you back to doing what you love. Mielikki will also provide you with exercises tailored to you to assist you in your recovery.